Re: Inbound port mapping blocks outbound connection?

On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 16:45, Rick Mann wrote:
> As I was writing this email about a problem connecting outbound, I
> discovered what my problem was. Now I have a  new problem: Why would an
> inbound port mapping prevent an outbound connection on one of those
> ports, as described below? TIA!

well--you provide pretty much zero detail, so i'm going to have to put
my funny-looking kreskin hat on...

the powers-that-be are telling me that you (like many other people that
as this question), did not specify "-i $OUTSIDE_IF" in your PREROUTING
nat rule, and therefore packets that arrive inbound on the inside
interface match and disappear into the ether.

  iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $OUTSIDE_IF -p tcp \
    -d $OUTSIDE_IP --dport 6969 -j DNAT --to-destination $INSIDE_HOST

-j

--
"I'm a well-wisher, in that I don't wish you any specific harm."
	--The Simpsons