Re: problem with hook function for DHCP

Hi,

I need the o/p netfilter part for something else and not just for
viewing DHCP packets(which can be done with TCPDump as u said).

Basically, I need to store the transaction ID of outgoing DHCP packets
in a table ...
When the server replies, the reply contains the transaction ID, and I
need to match that with the corresponding entry in the table and then
do some stunts later on....

Unfortunately, I am not able to grab all outgoing DHCP
packets....atleast when I put printk in the ougoing filter, messages
are not printed in the dmesg .

Do u think there's a problem with the printk LOG LEVEL ?

thanks,
~Subhash