Re: A secure router, by MAC address

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 13:28 -0600, jgalvez@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Eric,
>
> I looked into NuFW, but it seems more complex that what I need.  The
> biggest drawback to it is the requirement for each client to be running
> authentication software.

Well, it seems the new no client mode was really awaited ;-)

NuFW 0.9.5 was released today bringing the possibility to do
authentication without client. The main problem is that for the moment,
only an ident module is provided ... If you only use Linux on your PC,
it can be a solution. If it is not the case, then it will only be a
solution when the work on "microsoft" module will be finished.

BR,

--
Eric Leblond <eric@xxxxxxxxx>
NuFW, Now User Filtering Works : http://www.nufw.org