iptables msn messenger

Dear list,

I am facing problem with msn messenger connection. I havent recived this
type of problem for atleast year.

I want to know wheather iptables can perform msn messenger connection
problem. I am facing this problem for 2 days.

some time msn messenger connects and works properly and sometime it
doesnt connect.

yesterday there was msn messenger maintenance ....we got that message in
msn itself.
but as i told u i m facing this problem for 2 days so i dont know
wheather they have done maintenance due to this.

is there any option in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/????? or anything or iptables.
??

I know this question is little out of list.
but i have mailed to this coz i want to know wheather this type of
problem is created by iptables or not?

--
Joel N.Solanki
Network Administrator