Re: learning firewall

El vie, 03 de 09 de 2004 a las 14:44, Miguel Angel Amador L escribiÃ:
> Hi All,
>  I have a questions, what module i must be install for the P2P
> conections ? (sorry for my english, is very slow)
>  Thnx a lot
>
> Regards
>  Miguel Amador L.

The port I use to block P2P (or to allow them if you want) are:

KAZAA 1214/tcp
NAPSTER 8888/tcp 7777/tcp 8875/tcp
EDONKEY/EMULE 4662/tcp 4663/tcp
WINMX 6699/tcp

But have in mind that some of this programs can use SOCKS proxies or
even standard ports like port 80/tcp to send or receive traffic. It
can be a little tricky to stop them (easier to allow them, just open
this ports and they will run).

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC