Re: How to start external script when ipfilter rule matches

On Saturday 14 August 2004 12:09 pm, Sören Lorenz wrote:

> Samuel Jean schrieb:
> >That's not netfilter/iptables job. inetd better suits to your needs.
> >I don't know much about Squid, but I guess it supports inetd.
>
> No, it doesn't. It needs to bind the port directly, no way to run it via
> inetd.

Indeed!   The idea of spawning Squid from inetd is horrible :(

> >>When the router disconnects from my ISP, Squid is shutdown again.
> >
> >Again, not iptables/netfilter. Inetd can.
>
> Come on, there must be a way to trigger userspace actions on netfilter
> matches. Some people do realtime blacklisting on portscanning IPs. I'm
> looking for a lightweight (router suitable) way to do this. Solutions
> depending on Perl are not an option.

Try investigating the ULOG target perhaps?

Antony.

--
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me,
because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know.

 - Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defence

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.