Re: How to start external script when ipfilter rule matches

Samuel Jean schrieb:

That's not netfilter/iptables job. inetd better suits to your needs.
I don't know much about Squid, but I guess it supports inetd.

No, it doesn't. It needs to bind the port directly, no way to run it via inetd.

When the router disconnects from my ISP, Squid is shutdown again.

Again, not iptables/netfilter. Inetd can.

Come on, there must be a way to trigger userspace actions on netfilter matches. Some people do realtime blacklisting on portscanning IPs. I'm looking for a lightweight (router suitable) way to do this. Solutions depending on Perl are not an option.

Regards,

Sören Lorenz