Re: Netfilter vs commercial

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 17:46, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> > For example, this is one of the
> > chief advantages of the ISCS interface for netfilter
> > (http://iscs.sourceforge.net).
>
> BTW, any dates when to expect first public release?
There have been so many requests for access to the code other than CVS
that I will go ahead and release a pre-alpha version in a matter of
days.  Most of the bugs are worked out except for two that do not appear
to be my code but rather somewhere between Qt and MySQL.  As soon as I
have that nailed, I release the code.

I am hoping to release a real version in late October.  For all kinds of
good reasons, that date may move forward or back.  I'm doing an
increasing number of demos.  These take time but are beginning to bring
in some corporate sponsorship.  Astaro has been the first to commit
funding (besides Nexus and myself).  We're also working on some major
grant applications to fund the project and that continues to take a lot
of time.  On the other hand, we have just had an outstanding database
expert volunteer 20-25 hours per week to the project.  We'll see where
it all comes out.  If anyone else is interesting in helping, please let
me know.  We need experts in iptables, iproute2, *swan, Qt, user
authentication, layer 2 Linux configuration and embedded Linux.  Thanks
for asking - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation