Netfilter vs commercial

Hello,

	I know this question has most likely come up a few times and most people ask about performance and through put. But my
question seems to me a little different.

I would like to know how people on this list ... which I know might be a biased opinion feel how a Netfilter firewall
box .. properly configured would compare in security to a commercial firewall.

I do not want to compare performance or stats on through put but the strength of the firewall. The reason I am asking is
to at the moment we are using Netfilter based firewalls which I have setup Squid and Frox and many other application
level filters.

Now some people in the company want to replace them with CheckPoints or WatchGuard firewalls. Which is fine ... security
should be done in layers ... but the way I see it I will still need the linux boxes to run squid and frox unless the
appliance allows you to install software from other sources (most likely not) or use custom config files (like my own
squid.conf -- most likely not).

--
Michael Gale
Network Administrator