Re: Routing, SNAT and two ISPs

> > Well, it's seams to be a little bit more complicated than
> > I thought to loadbalance Internat connection between 2 (different) ISP
> > lines ...
> >
> > Here is my problem:
> >
> > Basically, I need to connect my office to 2 differents ISP (different
> > gateways and different DNS ). My linux box is a 3 NICs Box. The problem
> > is that, for the first ISP, I don't have static Addresses.
> >
> > So, I would like to loadbalance, "route" and NAT all my internals
Addresses
> > through thoses 2 ISP except for some addresses and some port numbers
> > which will use
> > only the ISP2.
>
> have a look at:
> http://linux-ip.net/html/adv-multi-internet.html

I like this article because basically it brings out the issues of having
dual
internet connects. I work on it for a few months to realized these issues.
I do not have a theory paper to present, however, I have a different
IMPLEMENTATION of dual internet connections, it is mostly based on
netfilter capabilities ( rather than route-based ), it can handle all sorts
of
combinations :-

1. Static or non-static external IPs.
2. Select outbound based on services.
3. Select outbound based on aggregate bandwidth.
4. Inbound traffic via multiple connections.

And it fits into a diskette. :-) Check out the implementation at :-

   http://www.geocities.com/mctiew/ffw/dual.htm