RE: [OT] Was: ESP does not hit the nat table

I am sorry, this was my mistake, man page:

nat    This table is consulted when a packet that creates a new connec-
       tion is encountered.  It consists of three built-ins: PREROUTING
       (for  altering  packets  as  soon  as they come in), OUTPUT (for
       altering  locally-generated   packets   before   routing),   and
       POSTROUTING  (for altering packets as they are about to go out).

This is what happened:
	1. I put a ACCEPT rule in PREROUTING for ESP traffic when client
connects. There is also MASQUERADE rule in the POSTROUTING chain.
	2. The client can now do ipsec vpn
	3. The client logs out and I remove the ACCEPT rule. There is
catch-all DROP rule in the PREROUTING chain. I was expecting the ESP
"connection" to be terminated.
	4. Since the ESP "connection" is already in established state,
later packets never hit the catch-all DROP rule in the PREROUTING chain.

	5. The client is happy, since he gets free access:)

I just put some rules in the filter table, FORWARD chain (each and every
packet hits this). Things seem to work OK.

Thanks for all the replies!
Ashwin