OT: Logs on console

This is off-topic, but IPTABLES is the only place I have this problem.  I've
tried several different configurations to try to stop it from logging dropped
packets to my monitor.  I've put "kern.none /dev/console" in my syslog.conf,
and it is STILL throwing the logs entries to the monitor, even when nobody is
logged in!  I've got all my log entries set to --log-level info, and they're
getting properly logged to an iptables logfile, but they are still showing up
on the screen (the tutorials say this isn't an iptables issue, but ONLY the
iptables logs are showing up on the screen).  I've been searching the
internet for days trying to STOP THE MADNESS!

Anybody got any suggestions?

Victor
sysadmin, Timension Inc.