Re: OT: Logs on console (nfcan: addressed to exclusive sender for this address)

On 2004.07.16 15:25, Victor Wren - vwren_netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
This is off-topic, but IPTABLES is the only place I have this problem. I've
tried several different configurations to try to stop it from logging dropped

packets to my monitor. I've put "kern.none /dev/console" in my syslog.conf,
and it is STILL throwing the logs entries to the monitor, even when nobody is

logged in! I've got all my log entries set to --log-level info, and they're
getting properly logged to an iptables logfile, but they are still showing up

on the screen (the tutorials say this isn't an iptables issue, but ONLY the
iptables logs are showing up on the screen).  I've been searching the
internet for days trying to STOP THE MADNESS!

Anybody got any suggestions?

I had a problem like this too, and it also drove me nuts.

At least on my RH system, there is a file /etc/sysconfig/syslog.
This file contains optional settings, including logging levels,
for BOTH syslogd and klogd!
In this file are some lines like this:

# See klogd(8) for more details
KLOGD_OPTIONS="-x -c 1"

I added the -c 1 to KLOGD_OPTIONS so that
only high priority messages would print.
Look at the man page for more.

Hope this helps,

Jim