Re: layer 7 netfilter not working

On Friday 09 July 2004 9:56 pm, FB wrote:

> (BTW: when I use the setting from the NETFILTER HOWTO page:
>
> iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m layer7 --l7proto http -j MARK
> --set-mark 1
>
> and change it (as written in the howto under "blocking") to:
> iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m layer7 --l7proto http -j REJECT

I'm not too impressed with a HOWTO which recommends the REJECT target for a
rule in the mangle table...

REJECT should be done in the filter tables.   mangle tables are for modifying
strange things about packets (such as MARKs).

Sorry I can't offer any specific help regarding the layer7 patch, but I've not
used it.

Maybe some LOGging rules would help you?

Regards,

Antony.

--
Wanted: telepath.   You know where to apply.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.