IPSec Transport Mode

Hello,

I have a question regarding IPSec in Transport Mode and IPTables. I must
admitted my knowledge concerning IPSec is quite limited and so far what
I have heard about IPSec's transport and tunnel mode is not really clear
to me.

Setup is like this:

The Firewall (iptables - ipcop) has a fixed IP, the Client (MS Windows
XP) has a dynamic IP. IPSec Server is a Windows 2003 Server Box.

IPSec-Client (Internet) --> Firewall --> IPSec Server (internal)

Usually, as far as I understand, transport mode is not an option here
because of NAT being performed by the "Firewall"/Gateway.

Using MS NAT-T works fine, but we want to switch to something non-MS
soon (hopefully real soon). So it's not really an option.

With this Setup, is there anything that can be done with IPTables to
make the transport mode work w/o NAT-T?

Any comments are very appreciated.

Regards,
Rainer Arnst