Re: DNAT to another Network?

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 13:22, Svavar Örn Eysteinsson wrote:
> Cool :0)
> Thanks.
>
> Anyone know how I would draw this in fwbuilder?.
> This scenario confuses me. :0(

I've never used fwbuilder, but I suspect that a 'black magic' incantation like
this would be beyond the scope of a GUI firewall tool.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I understand it enough
to be able to adjust the values to suit the scenario, and that's good enough
for me at the moment.

I last used this in a physical server move, so that requests for the old IP
address would be proxied to the new one. It used a lot of bandwidth, but was
a much better solution than simply having the server 'offline' for some
clients for many hours whilst DNS propogated...

Now we use BGP and multiple providers which solves the addressing problem, but
throws up dozens of new problems :)

Cheers,
Gavin.