Re: Possible to block ports by user group?

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 15:06:30 +0100, Antony Stone <Antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sunday 04 July 2004 2:16 pm, Michael Frank wrote:

Would like to block ports depending on the group in use

I don't understand what you mean by "group" (well, I understand what you mean by it, but I don't understand where this is specified, or what it's associated with).

For example:

group "browser" can only access port tcp 8118 so it _must_ talk through
privoxy

group "wget" can access ports tcp 21 and 80

group "trusted" can access all ports

Searched and googled but could not find anything.

How can this be done?

Where / how are these groups defined? What identifies a PC as being part of a specific group?

Linux machine user group or user id.

	Regards
	Michael