Re: Possible to block ports by user group?

On Sunday 04 July 2004 2:16 pm, Michael Frank wrote:

> Would like to block ports depending on the group in use

I don't understand what you mean by "group" (well, I understand what you mean
by it, but I don't understand where this is specified, or what it's
associated with).

> For example:
>
> group "browser" can only access port tcp 8118 so it _must_ talk through
> privoxy
>
> group "wget" can access ports tcp 21 and 80
>
> group "trusted" can access all ports
>
> Searched and googled but could not find anything.
>
> How can this be done?

Where / how are these groups defined?   What identifies a PC as being part of
a specific group?

Regards,

Antony.

--
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
You'll feel much better about things once you do.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.