Re: weird netfilter problem

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 4:27 pm, Mike O wrote:

> Did some more testing seems I can ping the private side of the box, but not
> the public side...this a conntrack issue maybe? then when I ping internal
> from the firewall it works.

I don't see why you should need to ping the public side of the firewall in
order to route packets through it from the private LAN?

If you think connection tracking may be having problems, what do you get for
"wc -l </proc/net/ip_conntrack"?   That is a count of the number of
concurrent connections through (or to / from) the machine.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Microsoft may sell more software than any other company, but McDonald's sell
more burgers than any other company, and I think the other similarities are

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.