ECN problem?

Thnx Mark

my box isn't ECN enabled for sure
to be completly sure I issued: echo "0" >
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

but this kind of behavior is strange for me or maybe
my understanding of ECN isn't enough
when i connect directly to ISP link non routing host
everything seems to be OK (transfers rates) but EVERY
returning packet in TCP sequence has TOS set to 0x03.

it seems that every packet in connection from my hosts
makes ISP router congested - I don't think so -
both interfaces of router are ethernet 100
i set MTU on external if to 1460
also tried with lower values and
iptables ..... -j TCPMSS ... also without results

so my theories :

1. ISP sets TOS field to 0x03 on purpose on EVERY TCP
packet directed to my host, but why?
NAT preventing or sth ?

2. bad ECN implementation ?
it is possible but affects only those people who share
their connection.
at this point i must say that i dont want to make war
with my ISP - i have 3 PC and i want them all to be
connected (network protocols and features test
purposes)  generally it's not forbidden by ISP

i will examine those bytes just in case
it's getting much interesting with each packet i
captured ... :)

i will be grateful for any advices

best regards
POSTER PL