Re: incoming interface confusion question

Hi,

   I am trying to spoof a TCP connection, I do a telnet from machine A to
machine B and then catch a packet in between and thn try and send a reset
to machine A, by generating the TCP packet myself, the packet going out
from machine A are caught on machine A itself. To make this work I need to
call netif_rx with an skb I allocate, but when I do this, the TCP socket on
machine A does not get the packet, I suspect it is being dropped by
netif_rx(), what all does one have to make sure to be sure that netif_rx()
hands the packet to ip and packet is not dropped (besides checksum and
all).
I looked at netif_rx, I have to set the incoming interface device  here. So
what I do is, I copy the incoming interface device structure of the first
packet I catch in the pre rotuing hook and and give that as the incoming
device in the skbuff containing the RST, is that ok ? or what kind of hack
do I need. If someone has tried this earlier, would appreciate if u give me
some pointers.

thanks
Amit

Ranjeet Shetye <ranjeet.shetye2@xxxxxxxxxx>@lists.netfilter.org on