Re: wireless security < and an utterly OT response.

On June 10, 2004 12:41 pm, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Thursday 10 June 2004 5:19 pm, Peter Marshall wrote:

> One slightly wacky idea I've had for some time which you might want to
> think about is writing a script to run on a machine on your wired network
> which goes round each of the IP addresses (assigned by DHCP?) of your
> client machines, which might also have a simultaneous wireless link, and
> attempt a traceroute through them as a default gateway.   If you get more
> than one hop, you've got trouble.

	My goodness ...
	*gonna have to go digging in my TIvoli scripts dir ... I *LIKE* this idea.*

> Regards,
>
> Antony.
"I don't mind that he got rich, but I do mind that he peddles himself as the
ultimate hacker and God's own gift to technology when his track record
suggests that he wouldn't know a decent design idea or a well-written hunk of
code if it bit him in the face. He's made his billions selling elaborately
sugar-coated crap that runs like a pig on [sedatives], crashes at the drop of
an electron, and has set the computing world back by at least a decade."

 - Eric S Raymond, about Bill Gates

	And as allways Antony has the absolute *best* quotes in his sigs.

	Eric -- Got that one right.