RE: wireless security

alexksandar,

	i concur with your assessment as to not allowing such
	folly.

	sometimes corporate mandates require security policy to bend
	to bottom-line needs.

	a couple of suggestions though if you just gotta do it.

	determine what protocols you want to use as this speaks to distance
	and calculation of telemetry stand off distances.

	802.11x goes x where x = y ft w/out causing or receving unfiltered
	interference.

	the perimeter should use a belt and suspenders topology to prevent
	common-mode failures. example....lotsa wintel boxes as clients
suggest
	asic (da best) boxes or unix based firewalls to challenge an
attackers
	platform knowledge base. solaris or hpux box running checkpoint and
some cisco
	mixed in as chokes would do nicely. the web traffic after leaving
the wireless
	ids vlan oops..forgot to mention the conex inbound from the isp over
wireless
	interface are segregated and filtered by the wirless ids BEFORE
touching the wired
	to prevent lan bcast storms to any wireless nets that might be
looking or just sniffing.

	gee...okay enuf windbags...these are all polciy items that must be
attended to before
	plugging anything into your production nets.

	take it slow.

~piranha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx