Re: FXP Support Broken?

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 08:35:01 -0400
"Michael D. Baldwin" <p@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm currently running 1.2.9 and all of a sudden (well, not all of a sudden,
> I actually cannot pinpoint exactly when this issue arose) I can no longer
> FXP from/into my server. I've tried searching all sorts of lists and using
> google to find any help on this issue as netfilter relates to the 2.4.26
> kernel and I've come up empty-handed. I've also tried looking at the old
> ftp-fxp.patch in an old release of patch-o-matic, but that as well does NOT
> seem to work.
>
> Has anyone else noticed FXP not working on netfilter-1.2.9 and linux-2.4.26?
> Can anyone on the devel team report on FXP support directly in the netfilter
> code? Sorry for what may of been a dumb post, but I'd really like to have
> the ability to FXP yet again. Thank you.

I've not had luck since the ftp-fxp.patch has become unmaintained (which has
been for quite a long time.)  I did update the patch for my own personal uses,
but I haven't had much luck lately with recent releases of the 2.4.x series
kernel.

Perhaps this would be something to request, even though it does open you up to a
world of attacks...but then again, that should be your choice, and not something
you're forced into.

P.S. please do NOT set reply-to headers when sending to mailing lists, thanks.

--
    Adam Young	<adam_at_vbfx_dot_com>
    http://www.vbfx.com/