Re: Static/Dynamic NAT Combination

Patrick Leslie Polzer wrote:

On Fri, 28 May 2004 14:04:14 -0600
Jorge Davila <isaac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What do you want to do?

Masquerade Box A with flexible port numbers via the router's PPP connection
and the same thing for box B with static port numbers.

Based on the docs I am not sure whether this is possible with Netfilter.

I hope I am able to express this quite complicated thing in a way that
you can understand it...

Leslie

Put an example for a better explanation of the situation...

Well, the masqueranding proces is about "hide" the internal adresses .... and this not depend on the ports.... ports are only criterias for the rules...

Jorge Dávila.