Re: Static/Dynamic NAT Combination

On Friday 28 May 2004 9:18 pm, Patrick Leslie Polzer wrote:

> On Fri, 28 May 2004 14:04:14 -0600
>
> Jorge Davila <isaac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What do you want to do?
>
> Masquerade Box A with flexible port numbers via the router's PPP connection
> and the same thing for box B with static port numbers.
>
> Based on the docs I am not sure whether this is possible with Netfilter.
>
> I hope I am able to express this quite complicated thing in a way that
> you can understand it...

I'm not sure I understand, certainly.

What do the port numbers matter?   When doing static or dynamic NAT, it's
usually the IP addresses that people are bothered about.

I suggest either:

1. Give us a specific example of what you want to happen, showing us the
source & destination addresses & port numbers for machines A & B, so we can
see exactly what you want to do, or

2. Show us what wouldn't work using a standard 1-1 NAT ruleset, or a standard
"masquerade everything behind one IP" ruleset

Regards,

Antony.

--

I want to build a machine that will be proud of me.

 - Danny Hillis, creator of The Connection Machine

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.