Re: to use or not to use stateful capabilities

On Monday 05 April 2004 11:59 am, __ Radien__ wrote:

> here is just the table and may not be viewed well in my last post:

Okay, thanks, here are my comments on just the table again, since it is much
easier to read now :)

> Conn.State   -s         -d         --proto   -sport  -dport   SYN   ACK
>
> New          out        web_server  tcp       <1024  80       Yes   No
> Established  web_server out         tcp       80     <1024    Yes   No

That should be "Yes Yes" at the end, I think.

> Established  out        web_server  tcp       <1024  80       No    Yes
> Established  web_server out         tcp       80     <1024    No    Yes

All the client connections are shown as using ports <1024 - that should be
"usually >1024", but even that isn't a certainty.   You should allow for
clients using any port number at all.

Regards,

Antony.

--
If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we'd be so simple that we couldn't.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.