Re: Fairly complex multi-ISP firewall/router problem

Antony Stone wrote:
On Friday 02 April 2004 9:57 pm, Bill Davidsen wrote:

I am trying to set up a single Linux router, RH9.0, for a non-profit I
am supporting with some free consulting. They have two ISP lines, each
of which has a three bit CIDR block, and an internal network.

Part one:

All I want to do is send packets out the interface which matches the
source IP, and I don't think there's any reasonable way to get there
without patches or BSD.

So why not use BSD?

That is what I'm asking myself. I guess the answer is that I like Linux better in other ways, but given the choice between maintaining a patch and using BSD... I may.

BTW: What was Part two?

Part two is the need to send to certain destinations using a known source IP (SNAT), which I would like to do on the firewall just to avoid having change on the server. That's easy, a rule for SNAT and a static route for the destination. It just adds cruft to the tables, that's been working for a while, trusted outgoing mail get SNAT now.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
  CTO TMR Associates, Inc