Re: PPTP NAT and iptables compilation

On Monday 29 March 2004 8:01 pm, ihernandez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello. i have used patch-o-matic to add the pptp-nat helper module
> kernel works fine, but userspace iptables tool fails with:
> "iptables: Invalid argument"
>
> i have seen a lot of posts and the solution is to compile the
> iptables-1.2.9 tools
> i downloaded a fresh copy from www.netfilter.org and run make
> KERNEL_DIR=mykerneldir
> it says:
> Extensions found: IPv4:recent IPv6:ah IPv6:esp IPv6:frag IPv6:ipv6header
> IPv6:hbh IPv6:dst IPv6:rt
>
> then i install.
> fine, but it continues with it's problems!!!!
> what can i do to compile the tools th right way?

Are you sure the command you've run afterwards is the newly-compiled version,
and not just the old one sitting somewhere in your path?

What does "ls -al `find / -name iptables`" show ?   (Those are single
backticks around the find command).

Regards,

Antony.

--
Anyone that's normal doesn't really achieve much.

 - Mark Blair, Australian rocket engineer

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.