Re: Not forwarding?

On Sunday 28 March 2004 10:15 pm, Cody Harris wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 21:48:46 +0100, Antony Stone wrote:
>
> > 4. Sorry for the way my mailer has mangled your rules, however please
> > post the output from "iptables -L FORWARD -nvx" (the v is important as it
> > shows the interface data which is not in the standard listing output).
>
> I did that. Check the other thread. Unless you want me to repost.

No, seen it already.   Thanks.

> > 5. How are you testing the setup?
>
> I created 2 unique usernames. And tested both. I got a freiend to try both.
> Phoneyuser on the firewall and night on the box i wanted. night didn't work
> but phoneyuser logged in ok

This is netfilter.   We're talking OSI layer 3/4, not layer 7.

That means I don't need to know about usernames & passwords, I need to know
about IP addresses, where's the client, where's the server, etc.

Regards,

Antony.

--
If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we'd be so simple that we couldn't.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.