Re: client on local network

On Sunday 28 March 2004 11:49 am, IT Clown wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have just finished reading netfilter howto and im just
> over halfway with Oskar Andreasson's tutorial.Here is my
> rule again does this look correct?

You should be using the "-m state --state=ESTABLISHED,RELATED" match in your
INPUT chain to allow in replies to packets which went out, btu not to allow
new connections from outside (especially to any service on the firewall).

See Chapter 4 of Oskar's tutorial.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Anyone that's normal doesn't really achieve much.

 - Mark Blair, Australian rocket engineer

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.