examining data portion of packet

   I would like to be able to be able to examine the
data portion of a network packet after matching it.

   I figured there would be some kind of target for
this, but there isn't...or at least I couldn't find
any.

   What is the best way to go about this? Should I be
thinking of writing a target extension?

Thanks!
S C