Re: Redirect ports on localhost

I have bind listening on port 5300 so named.conf isn't the problem.

I've been using tcpdump to try and troubleshoot the packets. Both the source and destination of the packet are localhost. I noticed that by changing the OUTPUT (and enabling "NAT_LOCAL" in my linux 2.4.25 kernel), tcpdump is fooled into thinking the packet is headed to port 5300 but I think by that point the packet has passed the application layer and bind doesn't see the packet.

Also, I have the filter table accepting EVERYTHING.

# iptables -L -vn
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 18907 packets, 1521K bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 18208 packets, 2540K bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination

#