Re: Re-2: Still having problems with forwarding

On Monday 15 March 2004 9:10 am, peter.gehle@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > 1. Can you be more specific about exactly what problems you are having -
> > what
> > does work, what does not work, how are you testing it?
>
> Since i have made some changes i don't get an connection to my VPN Server,
> it seems that iptables don't forwards the vpn tunnel to my internet vpn
> server.

What did you change?

> i can't send any pings to the internet?
>
> also i can't connect to my Terminalserver.
>
> I think the whole forwading don't works?

If it did work before you made the changes, then I think knowing what you
changed will point quite quickly to the problem.

> > 2. Is it possible that you can simplify your ruleset by removing rules
> > which
> > are nice to have, but have nothing to do with this problem (eg: the
> > rate-limited DROP rules, and the TCP flag matches), so that it is easier
> >
> > know what to focus on, and what is unimportant?
>
> I think i have to write a complete new firewall script, but at first i will
> try to get all working what i need.

Start simple and add things as you need, don't try to fix something which is
both complicated and broken.

Regards,

Antony.

those who understand binary notation,