Von: netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx im Auftrag von bmcdowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gesendet: Fr 16.01.2004 19:44
An: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: RE: AW: Firewall workaround

And of course, people by-pass firewalls for a reason too.  Clearly the user here feels the firewall is too restrictive.

It's a lot like passwords.  If they're complex enough to be secure, people use post-it notes.

The real question is whether or not the user has the authority to by-pass it and whether or not the firewall admin has the authority to be so restrictive in the first place.

Bob