Re: TTL patch buggy?

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Ramin Dousti wrote:

> Absolutely. For a sec I forgot all about the dense mode. Thanks, Henrik.
> However, I still don't see any "danger" about this.

The danger is in if you forget about this and set the TTL on multicast as
if it was normal traffic. You then allow this multicast traffic to be
distributed widely outside your network even if the originator had taken
care to make sure distribution is not allowed far beyond the local
networks.

Regards
Henrik