Re: Problems with Transparent Proxy using IPTables, Squid and 2.6 kernel

On January 8, 2004 03:05 pm, Peter Schobel wrote:
> ok, I downloaded the source ball for iptables 1.2.9, and compiled using
>
> make KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux-2.6.0-1.107
>
> i got an error from config.h telling me to use the glibc version so i
> symlinked /usr/src/linux-2.6.0-1.107 to /usr/include/linux/config.h
>
> then i compiled successfully and installed using
>
> make install KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux-2.6.0-1.107
>
> without incident
>
> i checked the timestamp on the iptables binary to make sure that it had
> been overwritten
>
> I rmmod'd all the iptables modules and then reloaded my iptables rule
>
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
> --to-port 3128

	Ummm ... I don't understand where the error came from.... I'm using a slackware based box with many upgrades
	(gcc glibc binutils and modutils....) my switch from 2.4.23 to 2.6.0 required a binutils and modutils
	upgrade FIRST -- I would hope that RPM dependencies are in place to enforce this as it will likely
	apply to your situation ... when I rebuilt iptables source it went painlessly --- no error from config.h.

	I *DONT* like the relink .. I've a feeling this will break some inportant defines....

	what do you get for modprobe --version and ld -v ?
	I suspect your modutils is incorrect for 2.6.0