Re: (no subject)

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 3:10 pm, Ramin Dousti wrote:

{MX DNS records snipped}

> I don't know what you're asking but these are the mx records
> for yahoo and hotmail. Like the following which is the mx for
> megamail.pt
>
> mx.vodafone.pt. 86400   A       212.18.167.163

I suspect (although one can never be sure) that this person is not looking for
the IPs of the inbound mail servers for Yahoo & Hotmail, but wants to know
from which IPs mail from those domains will be sent.

I guess this simply because of the word "prerouting" in the question - it
implies to me packets coming in to the netfilter machine, rather than those
leaving it and going to the MX systems.

Any further information from zynkx would be useful :)

Antony.

--
Anyone that's normal doesn't really achieve much.

 - Mark Blair, Australian rocket engineer

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.