Re: redirect squid to other proxy(windows) hearing in port 80

On Friday 21 November 2003 4:43 pm, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Friday 21 November 2003 4:19 pm, Guillermo wrote:
> > hello!!
> > i need help with iptables and proxy squid...
> > i have a linux-proxy for tests and it is connected in the internal net
> > (LAN), but i need that this squid pass through a win2000 proxy that is
> > hearing in port 80 for all request....(view the picture)
> >
> > computers ----->squid-linux(hear port 3128)---->win2000-proxy(hear port
> > 80)----->internet (https-DNS)

> Indeed - I would actually recommend that you chain the proxies together
> using the squid configuration file, so that they know how they're
> interconnected.

Oh, I forgot to ask - why do you want have two proxies involved anyway
(especially when one of them is running W2k)?

Antony.

--

The idea that Bill Gates appeared like a knight in shining armour
to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos

 - Douglas Adams in The Guardian, August 25, 1995
                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.