libipq with RAW sockets

 Hello,

 I am using netfilter's libipq to process packets at user space. Then
 depending on what packets I recieved, I need to create
 "response" packets. I need to construct all the headers myself, so I
 decided to user SOCK_RAW sockets.

 But, whenever I open a raw socket:
   sock = socket(AF_INET,SOCK_RAW,255)
 I get the following error from libipq:
   Failed to receive netlink message: Bad address

 Is it that I can't use raw sockets together with netlink sockets?
 If that is the case, what else can I do to create my own packets with all
 headers?

 Thanks.