Re: irc

I'll attempt to clear things up a bit.

An irc proxy, is a machine that accepts a connection, then forwards you on
to the proxy server.  An irc bounce, is very similiar in nature.
The general idea behind an irc proxy/bnc is that you have a way to
anonymize yourself.  You have a way of allowing many people to connect to
irc, from one address. (most irc servers don't allow more than 2
connections from the same IP.  With a proxy and, what's called an i:line,
they can allow proxied hosts if they're secure).

What I'm looking for, is not an irc proxy.  I'm already connecting to an
irc proxy.  The problem is, when I changed my default gateway to point at
my http-proxy, I can no longer make connections out to my irc server.  (It
comes back with a "connection refused").  I thought I would have to use
NAT in this case, just like I have to use NAT to allow http and ftp
requests, through the squid proxy server.
Here's how I'm set up:

Client machine ->   squid-proxy   ->  DMZ  ->  IRC Server.

When the client machine sends a connection request to the irc server, it
comes back with a "Connection Refused".
I thought I could use some NAT/Netfiltering rules, to fix this issue.

Does any of this make sense, yet?  :-/

Regards,

Tim Rainier