Re: irc

On Monday 17 November 2003 4:35 pm, Jeffrey Laramie wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the difference between an IRC
> server and an IRC proxy?
>
> Client connects to server
> Client connects to proxy
>
> Server relays
> Proxy relays
>
> Hmmm.

In that case I simply don't know enough about the IRC protocol (which is
true).

It sounds like SMTP to me - there's no such thing as an SMTP proxy, because
that is what an SMTP server is.   Perhaps this is the ideal answer to the
original question :) ?

Antony.

--

It's vital to remember who you really are.   It's very important.   It isn't
a good idea to rely on other people or things to do it for, you see.   They

 - Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.