Re: irc

On Monday 17 November 2003 4:10 pm, SBlaze wrote:

>  > All I can suggest is that you look around for an IRC proxy server,
>  > however I have no knowledge of such things myself.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Antony.
>
> There are such things as IRC Proxys. bnc is one of the more common ones
> that I have heard of. However this won't do him any good since he is
> looking for a rule to allow in IRC protocol.

I'm not sure that *is* what he's looking for?   Quoting from his second
posting:

"The 'firewall' in this case, is a transparent proxy server.  The proxy
server will be the gateway to the internet.   I need to allow irc connections
through this machine, somehow.  I don't know how to do that."

Therefore it seems to me that he's looking for an IRC proxy server, not a
packet filtering rule.

Maybe I'm just confused.

Antony.

--

This email was created using 100% recycled electrons.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.