Re: how can I improve the throughput of linux firewall that use the netfilter + iptable

    Number os PCs is not the most important information. We need you to give
us some more data about the firewall you're pretending to build, like:

1) internet connection speed (256k DSL, 1.5 T1, more?? )
2) complexity of your rules (simple rules, very complex rules)
3) any other information you can share with us .....

    But I can guarantee you that netfilter can get you VERY good throughput
**IF** you think before making the rules. We've seen lots of people
complaining about bad throughputs but almost all the times the problem is
related to their rules, build in a not-smart way, and not related to
iptables/netfilter itself.

    Question: what's smartbits ????? I've never heard about it .....

    Sincerily,
    Leonardo Rodrigues