Re: Is Linux IPTABLES firewall comparable with license Firewall

I don't know if anyone has read the latest Information Security magazine,
but they do a comparison between IPTables and Checkpoint.  To sum up the
article, IPTables has the same functionality and can potentially perform
better if properly setup, however Checkpoint is (obviously) much easier to
manage.  So if you have the technical knowledge to maintain the firewall,
I would go with IPTables.  With IPTables you can also take advantage of
many other add-on's that would cost thousands of dollars to implement
otherwise such as QoS control with tc, full-featured routing with iproute2
and IPS functionality with Snort-Inline.