Is Linux IPTABLES firewall comparable with license Firewall

Hi,
I don't know whether this is right list for my
question.

I am facing basic problem while convincing to users. I
have implemented IPTABLES firewall on my Linux 8.0
server. I am frequently asked by users which
firewall/security measures are taken for my network.
My competitors use Checkpoint Firewall.
Can somebody guide me how to convince my users that
Linux IPTABLES Firewall is technically at par with
commercial Firewall such as checkpoint.

Also if same security policies are adopted for
IPTABLES and checkpoint, Is IPTABLES technically at
par with commercial FIREWALLs?

Thanks