Re: Liaise with port forwarding proxies?

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 20:35, Atsushi Nakagawa wrote:
"Dharmendra.T" <dharmu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can you say more clearly what you are trying?

I have a linux server with services and an iptables configuration set to
discard any NEW incoming packets that aren't for these services.  I do
this based on protocol and port.  (e.g. Accept: TCP/80, TCP/21)

I want to add a SOCKS5 server (Dante) to the list of services.  The
problem with this is that this server can listen to any arbitary port
above 1024 for port tunneling, but I don't want to automatically allow
all ports > 1024 in iptables.

I'm wondering if there is a way for iptables to determine which ports
are in use by the SOCKS5 server and selectively allow those.

You can allow related packets.

Regards,

--
Atsushi Nakagawa
<atnak@xxxxxxxxx>

--
Regards
Dharmendra.T

This message is intended for the addressee only. It may contain privileged or Confidential information. If you have received this message in error,please notify the sender and destroy the message immediately.Unauthorised use or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.