Re: Liaise with port forwarding proxies?

"Dharmendra.T" <dharmu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can you say more clearly what you are trying?

I have a linux server with services and an iptables configuration set to
discard any NEW incoming packets that aren't for these services.  I do
this based on protocol and port.  (e.g. Accept: TCP/80, TCP/21)

I want to add a SOCKS5 server (Dante) to the list of services.  The
problem with this is that this server can listen to any arbitary port
above 1024 for port tunneling, but I don't want to automatically allow
all ports > 1024 in iptables.

I'm wondering if there is a way for iptables to determine which ports
are in use by the SOCKS5 server and selectively allow those.

Regards,

--
Atsushi Nakagawa
<atnak@xxxxxxxxx>