Errors with POM

Hi,

I have been struggling to get POM to work for quite a while now and its getting frustrating.
I am following the netfilter-extensions-HOWTO when I get the following error:

[root@localhost userspace]# make patch-o-matic
Making dependencies: please wait...
Something wrong... deleting dependencies.
make: *** [/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-20.8/include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_CLASSIFY.h] Error 1

Of course ipt.CLASSIFY.h does not exsist in this location which is causing the error. How can I get around or resolve this issue so that I can get POM to run.

I have also tried the make patch-pending as suggested in other posts but get the same error for that as well.

Redhat 8
Kernel = linux-2.4.20-20.8
Iptables = 1.2.8-8.80.2
(both installed using apt-get)