Re: Blocking Kazaa

Kazzaa uses 1214 for only certain traffic (talking to its supernodes).
We found that blocking 1214 was insufficient for stopping people from
using Kazzaa as it uses a bunch of dynamic ports and searches of DNS
ranges. [Blocking the DNS ranges seems to be futile as they seem to have
changed several times.] The only thing I have heard that might be useful
is to combine snort with iptables in that snort figures out who inside
your network is using Kazzaa and then you block that IP address via
iptables. Now how you get the two to work together? That is the 64k
questions :(

--
Stephen John Smoogen            smoogen@xxxxxxxx
Los Alamos National Labrador  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 5-8058